Monday 23 March 2015

Onward.. By Iron Will

Well, it's been quite some time since my last entry to this electrostatic thought-log of the world-wide grids. I'll tear off a new sheet and hastily inscribe an entry describing my latest adventures, digital and otherwise.

So on the Iron front, I've been busy adding some new features that will hopefully help users migrate from the official IDE. There is now a notion of a "Sketch", which is composed of two graphs: one for each of the 'setup()' and 'loop()' functions. Just like the official IDE, the setup graph is run once on device start-up, with the loop graph running continuously afterward.

I've also added text fields to variables, allowing them to have numeric values assigned. To be sure a small advance, but a forward one thankfully.

Below is a snapshot of the Setup and Loop graphs with a simple sketch that sets up pins, reads an analog value and maps/constrains it to a range.





The next step is to compile the graph into source code, which is then uploaded and run on the MCU. Wish me luck, dear Reader of the Aetheric Voids. It is truly all about the journey :-)

~M

No comments:

Post a Comment